Training Sessions for School StaffWe offer a range of training sessions - use the tabs below to see what each session type covers
In the light of the coronavirus situation we are living in at present, and wanting to be socially responsible as well as keep our team and colleagues safe, Jigsaw is cancelling all training events or engagements until the end of March. We will review the situation and update this news as the situation and government advice evolves and will contact any schools/teachers involved.
The Jigsaw HQ office remains open. We are based on a farm in the countryside of North Devon and are socially-isolating ourselves as advised but still working. We will be happy to talk to you if you have questions about Jigsaw PSHE, statutory RSHE etc.
These sessions will ensure teachers:
- Fully understand the philosophy and rationale underpinning Jigsaw
- Are familiar with and confident to deliver Jigsaw lessons
- Understand the whole-school approach, assemblies, music etc.
- Are inspired to lead Jigsaw across your school
- Know your Jigsaw mentor and the support systems we offer
If booking a ‘Twilight Session‘ you need to allow 2 hours for us to deliver the course content to your staff. We will not be able to deliver this course to you in less time.
Our one day training will ensure you…
- Fully understand the implications of the DfE statutory guidance on Relationships, Health and Sex Education including:
- What must be taught when
- What is at the school’s discretion
- Parents’ right to withdraw and how to manage this
- How to teach the most sensitive issues
- How to train and support colleagues
- Return to school with:
- A sample editable policy document
- A quick whole-school audit tool
- A whole-school overview of a PSHE Programme including statutory Relationships and Health Education (and Sex Education )
- Sample RSE lesson plans
- Training materials to share with the school staff
Led by the specialist trainers from Jigsaw PSHE and relevant for all Primary Schools whether using Jigsaw, the mindful approach to PSHE, or a different Scheme
We warmly invite you to join us for an informative and practical day
Be prepared for statutory RSE and Health Education well ahead of September 2020
We only have limited places at each event so book early to avoid disappointment
To book your place email email@example.com or book below through our online shop
Jigsaw is an evidence-based PSHE programme with mindfulness philosophy and practice woven throughout. This session defines emotional and mental health, considers the correlation between this and capacity to learn, and most importantly suggests how schools can work best for children. Philosophy and practice combine in these sessions.
These sessions are designed to equip delegates with…
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Jigsaw Families Programme
- Understanding of how to deliver the Programme in an age/stage appropriate way and what can be achieved for children and their families
- Familiarity with and confidence in, using the Jigsaw Families Programme hardcopy and online materials
- Confidence in dealing with tricky situations and sensitive topics
- Better rapport between schools and parents/carers, reinforcing support for children
The training is led by specially trained Jigsaw Families Programme Consultants who are all experienced teachers, working with children and families.
This training is booked with you after you have joined the Programme.Find out about the Jigsaw Families Programme