Training SessionsWe offer a range of training sessions - use the tabs below to ascertain what each session type covers
These sessions will ensure teachers:
- Fully understand the philosophy and rationale underpinning Jigsaw
- Are familiar with and confident to deliver Jigsaw lessons
- Understand the whole-school approach, assemblies, music etc.
- Are inspired to lead Jigsaw across your school
- Know your Jigsaw mentor and the support systems we offer
- ALL YOU NEED TO FULFIL THE STATUTORY RSE (Statutory from Sept 2019)
- Up to date knowledge of the legal requirements for RSE
- Understanding of how to deliver RSE in an age/stage appropriate way and why it is so vital for children
- Familiarity with and confidence in the Jigsaw ‘Changing Me’ materials
- Confidence in answering tricky or sensitive questions
- Consideration of school policy and sample policy to take away
- Opportunity to work as a school group (teachers, SLT, governors etc.) to consider RSE in your context
- Training and information materials for colleagues, governors and parents/carers.
Jigsaw is an evidence-based PSHE programme with mindfulness philosophy and practice woven throughout. This session defines emotional and mental health, considers the correlation between this and capacity to learn, and most importantly suggests how schools can work best for children. Philosophy and practice combine in these sessions.
Jigsaw Families Programme Training Sessions are designed for schools and other settings who have purchased the Jigsaw Families Starter Kit! This training is integral to the Accreditation process which is mandatory for delivering the Jigsaw Families Programme from your School/Setting.
These sessions are designed to equip you with…
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Jigsaw Families Programme
- Understanding of how to deliver the Programme in an age/stage appropriate way and what can be achieved for children and their families
- Familiarity with and confidence in, using the Jigsaw Families Programme materials and online materials
- Confidence in dealing with tricky situations and sensitive topics
- Better rapport between schools and parents/carers, reinforcing support for children
The training is led by specially trained Jigsaw Families Programme Consultants who are all experienced teachers, working with children and families.
Training Events (UK)
You can browse our Training Sessions by region or by subject below.
As well as topping-up your skill set with new techniques and knowledge, which you can immediately put into practise, our training sessions are also a great opportunity to meet fellow PSHE colleagues and spend time with your regional Jigsaw Consultant or Mentor face to face.