Jigsaw 11-16 Health and Well-being for WalesIntroduction to Jigsaw, the mindful approach to Health and Well-being for Ages 11-16
Well-structured lesson plans with PowerPoint® presentations and teaching/learning activities empower the specialist and non-specialist alike, mindful of the often limited planning time available. The focus on mental health is evident throughout, and the content is student-driven and in line with the latest national guidance.
All Jigsaw Programmes are underpinned by mindfulness philosophy with mindfulness practice scripts and audio files included in every lesson, supporting young people’s mental health and learning.
What's included in Jigsaw 11-16 for Wales?
Jigsaw is a KS3 and KS4 (Ages 11-16) programme, which comprises:-
- A comprehensive and completely original scheme of work for Years 7-11/S1-4
- Personal, social, health education, resilience, mental health, emotional literacy, employability skills and spiritual, moral and cultural development
- Inclusive Relationships and Sex Education
- Detailed and flexible weekly lesson plans for all year groups (including teaching resources) that can be adapted according to the structure of the timetable and that model best practice
- Mindfulness practice and philosophy throughout
- Summative assessment workbook in each unit
- Teaching and assessment materials to deliver the NCFE Levels 1 and 2 RSHE Awards
What do you get when you buy Jigsaw 11-16?
- Digital download of whichever year group(s) you have purchased, including lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, audio files and scripts for mindfulness practice, plus teaching and learning activities.
All you need to deliver a high-quality spiral Health and Well-being programme across the school.
- Note that these digital materials are supplied as Microsoft PowerPoint (pptx), Microsoft Word (docx), Adobe (pdf), Audio (mp3) and Video (mp4) formats. Some types may be embedded into some PowerPoints and you should check that your software is properly compatible. For best results, we recommend using Microsoft Office 2016 onward on a device with suitable processing power and storage with a good internet connection.
- buy hard-copy folders of lesson plans for each year group
- subscribe to annual Jigsaw updates
- participate in Jigsaw training
What Jigsaw 11-16 does...
- Provides a safe space to develop knowledge, skills and values
- Offers strategies to manage emotional and mental health
- Helps students prepare for future life and work
- Enhances learning capacity
“We want to understand about mental health, drugs, and issues like peer pressure and relationships because this is important in our whole lives, not just while we are at school.”
Student Age 14
- Provides comprehensive, flexible lesson plans and materials that support current Health and Well-being learning outcomes
- Offers a flexible, progressive, developmental scheme of work that includes a summative assessment workbook for each unit
- Helps all teachers deliver high-quality Health and Well-being
- Enhances whole-school ethos
– NCFE Independent Assessor
Jigsaw PSHE, 11-16, is endorsed by the NCFE (National Awarding Organisation) as the teaching programme aligned to and supporting the delivery of learning that meets all the requirements for the Levels 1 and 2 Awards for RSHE (Relationships, Sex and Health Education).
Jigsaw teaching units are sequenced in the same order as the Award Learning Outcomes, and each Puzzle (unit) in Jigsaw covers all the content required for each Award.
The full assessment process in Jigsaw with attainment descriptors for each unit of work and a summative assessment ‘workbook’ in lesson 6 of each Puzzle (unit) enable the straightforward monitoring and recording of learning and progress and the workbooks evidence all the Learning Outcomes and Portfolio Requirements for the NCFE RSHE Awards.
Jigsaw is delighted to work with the NCFE Team and to offer the opportunity to both students and schools to gain recognition for their RSHE/Health and Well-being work.
By teaching using Jigsaw, the RSHE Awards are within easy reach.
See ncfe.org.uk for more information about the awards.
Testimonials from Schools
“Parents really came on board supporting the topics covered in Jigsaw Secondary, allowing the learning to be practised at home”
Year 10 UK Youth Parliament representative
Use the Pupil Development Grant?
Would you like to know how Jigsaw Programmes can work with Welsh schools using the Pupil Development Grant?
Request Free Inspection Materials
To help you decide if Jigsaw 11-16 would suit your school, we provide sample materials for you to inspect so you can see what Jigsaw 11-16 looks like, and check out our quality resources for yourself.
Jigsaw 11-16 PricingPricing Information for Secondary Jigsaw
Price for materials
Optional annual updates
Full Set (Year 7-11)
Optional annual updates: £400
Ages 11-14 (Y7-Y9)
Optional annual updates: £240
Ages 14-16 (Y10-Y11)
Optional annual updates: £160
Single Year group
Optional annual updates: £80
To make Jigsaw 11-16 as economical as possible for schools, Jigsaw 11-16 teaching materials are supplied in an electronic format. However, for schools preferring a fully printed version, we can (in addition to the electronic materials) supply a hard-copy (A4) folder for an extra fee of £100 for each respective year group you purchase. Simply choose when you place your order.
All prices are shown exclusive of UK VAT and P&P. The final price to pay will be calculated during the order process and before you make your purchase
Note that these digital materials are supplied as Microsoft PowerPoint (pptx), Microsoft Word (docx), Adobe (pdf), Audio (mp3) and Video (mp4) formats. Some types may be embedded into some PowerPoints and you should check that your software is properly compatible. For best results, we recommend using Microsoft Office 2016 onward on a device with suitable processing power and storage with a good internet connection.