Jigsaw 12-16 Health and Well-being for ScotlandIntroduction to Jigsaw, the mindful approach to Health & Well-being for ages 12-16
Well-structured lesson plans with PowerPoint® presentations and teaching/learning activities empower the specialist and non-specialist alike, mindful of the often limited planning time available. The focus on mental health is evident throughout, and the content is student-driven and in line with the latest national guidance.
All Jigsaw Programmes are underpinned by mindfulness philosophy with mindfulness practice scripts and audio files included in every lesson, supporting young people’s mental health and learning.
What Jigsaw 11-16 does...
- Provides a safe space to develop knowledge, skills and values
- Offers strategies to manage emotional and mental health
- Helps students prepare for future life and work
- Enhances learning capacity
“We want to understand about mental health, drugs, and issues like peer pressure and relationships because this is important in our whole lives, not just while we are at school.”
Student Age 14
- Provides comprehensive, flexible lesson plans and materials that support current Health and Well-being learning outcomes
- Offers a flexible, progressive, developmental scheme of work that includes a summative assessment workbook for each unit
- Helps all teachers deliver high-quality Health and Well-being
- Enhances whole-school ethos
“This area of the curriculum has not been given the status it deserves in my school. The Jigsaw Programme will help me make this high-profile across the school, support all the tutors to deliver it well, and give young people their entitlement to a broad and balanced curriculum to equip them for life. Thank you. It has been a pleasure being part of the pilot project.”
What does Jigsaw 11-16 cover?
Jigsaw 11-16 is a Secondary Education Programme, which comprises:-
- A comprehensive and completely original scheme of work for Years S1-S4
- Personal, social, health education, resilience, mental health, emotional literacy, employability skills and spiritual, moral and cultural development
- Inclusive Relationships and Sex Education
- Detailed and flexible weekly lesson plans for all year groups (including teaching resources) that can be adapted according to the structure of the timetable and that model best practice
- Mindfulness practice and philosophy throughout
- Summative assessment workbook for every unit
- Teaching and assessment materials to deliver the NCFE Levels 1 and 2 RSHE Awards
What do you get when you buy Jigsaw 11-16?
- Digital download of whichever year group(s) you have purchased, including lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, audio files and scripts for mindfulness practice, plus teaching and learning activities.
All you need to deliver a high-quality spiral Health and Well-being programme across the school.
- Note that these digital materials are supplied as Microsoft PowerPoint (pptx), Microsoft Word (docx), Adobe (pdf), Audio (mp3) and Video (mp4) formats. Some types may be embedded into some PowerPoints and you should check that your software is properly compatible. For best results, we recommend using Microsoft Office 2016 onward on a device with suitable processing power and storage with a good internet connection.
- buy hard-copy folders of lesson plans for each year group
- subscribe to annual Jigsaw updates
- participate in Jigsaw training
Testimonials from Schools
15 Year-old UK Youth Parliament representative
Request Free Inspection Materials
To help you decide if Jigsaw 11-16 would suit your school, we provide sample materials for you to inspect so you can see what Jigsaw 11-16 looks like, and check out our quality resources for yourself.
Jigsaw 11-16 PricingPricing Information for Secondary Jigsaw
Price for materials
Optional annual updates
Full Set for Ages 12-16 (S1-S4)
Optional annual updates: £320
Individual Year group
Optional annual updates: £80
To make Jigsaw 11-16 as economical as possible for schools, Jigsaw 11-16 teaching materials are supplied in an electronic format. However, for schools preferring a fully printed version, we can (in addition to the electronic materials) supply a hard-copy (A4) folder for an extra fee of £100 for each respective year group you purchase. Simply choose when you place your order.
All prices are shown exclusive of UK VAT and P&P. The final price to pay will be calculated during the order process and before you make your purchase
Note that these digital materials are supplied as Microsoft PowerPoint (pptx), Microsoft Word (docx), Adobe (pdf), Audio (mp3) and Video (mp4) formats. Some types may be embedded into some PowerPoints and you should check that your software is properly compatible. For best results, we recommend using Microsoft Office 2016 onward on a device with suitable processing power and storage with a good internet connection.