Jigsaw ScotlandThe mindful approach to Health and Well-Being
Jigsaw Scotland brings together Personal, Social, Health and Economic education in a structured and comprehensive scheme of work covering; Being Safe (S), Being Healthy (H), Achieving (A), Being Nurtured (N), Being Active (A), Being Respected (R), Taking Responsibility (R) and Being Included (I).
Jigsaw includes cross-curricular links, Assessment Benchmarks and comprehensively meets all the Experiences and Outcomes (Es and Os) for Health and Wellbeing (except for those needing to be taught exclusively through Physical Education lessons).
Get a FREE Jigsaw lesson plan about
Child Online Safety (with online communities)
What's included in Jigsaw Scotland?Key Points
- 324 lesson plans for Early Level to Primary 7 (ages 3-12)
- Fully mapped against Curriculum for Excellence
- Contributes to National Health and Wellbeing Outcomes and GIRFEC
- Assemblies and Original Songs with Music MP3’s
- Weekly behaviour focus and reward system
- Fully supports children’s personal development and wellbeing
- Safeguarding and age-appropriate Relationships and Sex Education
- Health Education inc. drug and alcohol education, emotional and physical health
- Positive mental health through mindfulness, building self-esteem, emotional literacy and social skills
- Differentiated support for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
So, does Jigsaw PSHE really work?
Independent evidence says yes!
The Sheffield Hallam Centre for Education and Inclusion Research conducted an independent impact study with 101 schools, 195 teachers and 812 children and concluded that Jigsaw, the mindful approach to PSHE, really works!
In a joint venture with NHS Orkney, Jigsaw is providing a strategic and operational strategy for a consistent and progressive approach to the delivery of Health and Wellbeing/Personal and Social Health Education ... as we begin a phased implementation across our primary schools ... we have been provided with excellent and continuous support by Jan Lever and the Jigsaw Team.Head of Education and Schools Improvement (Orkney)
What are the benefits of the Jigsaw Programme...
Happy Children Learn
…for the children?
creates learning experiences they look forward to
establishes a safe learning environment
offers accurate information
builds skills essential for life and relationships
equips them for a diverse world
gives resilience and inner strength
…for the teacher?
structured lesson plans for the whole year
short-cuts planning time
guides through the most sensitive issues
enhances children’s concentration
improves behaviour and enhances relationships
increases children’s capacity to learn
…for the headteacher?
comprehensive Health & Wellbeing programme
maps the Curriculum for Excellence and SHANARRI indicators
contributes to National Health and Wellbeing Outcomes and GIRFEC
consistency, continuity and progression
diversity, respect, positive behaviour
…for the Health & Wellbeing subject leader?
provides an overall structure of lesson planning and approach for the whole school
gives an assessment framework with attainment descriptors for every Puzzle
covers all aspects of the National Health & Wellbeing Outcomes (Scotland)
allows monitoring through Jigsaw Journals
includes Relationships and Sex Education
ongoing support from the Jigsaw Team
How much is Jigsaw Scotland?
To find out about all the different sets and options available and how Jigsaw can best fit into your school,
contact our friendly sales team on 01202 377193
or email email@example.com
Want to know more?The Curriculum for Excellence and Jigsaw Scotland
To aid teachers’ understanding of how Jigsaw fits with the overall progression of knowledge and skills from Early Level (3-4 and 4-5) right through to Primary 7, you can request the full set of mapping documents. These show the complete scheme of work for all year groups against the ‘E’s and ‘O’s and Benchmarks.
FREE Mapping Document Set
Curriculum for Excellence and Jigsaw Scotland (Document Set)
- Jigsaw’s Curriculum Coverage from ages 3-4 to Primary 7
- Curriculum Map for ages 3-4
- Curriculum Map for ages 4-5
- Curriculum Map for Primary 1 materials
- Curriculum Map for Primary 2 materials
- Curriculum Map for Primary 3 materials
- Curriculum Map for Primary 4 materials
- Curriculum Map for Primary 5 materials
- Curriculum Map for Primary 6 materials
- Curriculum Map for Primary 7 materials
All mapping documents include:
- Health & Wellbeing Experiences and Outcomes
- Cross-curricular Links
- Assessment Benchmarks
Free Inspection Materials
- USB Flash Memory Stick
- Sample Lesson Plans
- Explanatory Video Clips
Just fill out the request form on this page and ensure you select the drop-down option to get your Inspection Stick – free of charge.
*Terms and Conditions apply