Building Resilience in ChildrenJigsaw Resilience and Engagement Scale and Toolkit for Ages 4-11/12
The Jigsaw Resilience and Engagement Scale and Toolkit offers an effective screening and measurement tool to determine children’s levels of resilience and emotional well-being. R.E.S.T. also suggests interventions to develop each of the 10 resilience-building descriptors.
What Jigsaw R.E.S.T. does...
- Builds resilience in children step by step
- Offers creative and fun interventions for each of the 10 descriptors
- Enables self and peer awareness
- Increases learning capacity
- Nurtures self-esteem and empathy
“Their minds and their futures are entrusted in our hands for a few brief years of childhood. We must do all in our power to serve them well”
Pugh, Contemporary Issues in Early Years, 1996
- Provides a structured ‘Resilience’ Scale
- Offers a screening and measurement tool with suggested interventions
- Identifies children’s needs
- Builds staff awareness and confidence through training sessions (materials provided)
- Enables parental engagement (session materials)
- Gives editable, interactive tracking and recording models
- Whole-school approach
What's in Jigsaw R.E.S.T ?
The Resilience and Engagement Scale and Toolkit contains:-
- introduction and the Resilience Scale itself
- x2 staff training session PowerPoint presentations and trainer notes
- parent/carer information/engagement session (materials and notes provided)
- interactive recording and tracking models
- x2 ‘resilience’ assemblies (KS1 and KS2)
- x6 generic resilience-building activities
- Jigsaw PSHE-specific /Health & Wellbeing-specific interventions for each of the 10 resilience steps, for each year group
“In the school’s caring and supportive ethos, pupils develop strong resilience. Adults encourage them to take setbacks in their stride. As a result, pupils are ready to learn and outcomes are strong. The school places great importance on encouraging pupils to be resilient, so that they meet success and failure with the same strength of purpose. As a result, pupils persevere in their learning and try their best”
“the ability to adapt well to adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or even significant sources of stress”
American Psychological Association
“being able to quickly return to a previous good condition”
Cambridge English Dictionary
Jigsaw R.E.S.T. PricingHow much does it cost for schools and settings?
Jigsaw Resilience and Engagement Scale and Toolkit (R.E.S.T.)
Digital Version – £100
Prices are shown exclusive of UK VAT.
The final price to pay is calculated during the order process and before you make your purchase.