Jigsaw 3-11 for EnglandThe mindful approach to PSHE
Jigsaw 3-11, the mindful approach to PSHE, is an integrated scheme of learning, for Personal, Social, Health Education, with emphasis on emotional literacy, mental health, SMSC and spiritual development.
With strong emphasis on emotional literacy and nurturing mental health as the necessary underpinnings for learning, Jigsaw equips teachers with detailed lesson plans and all resources required to deliver engaging and relevant PSHE incorporating a whole-school approach.
Jigsaw is a unique, spiral, progressive and effective PSHE scheme of work, aiming to prepare children for life, helping them really know and value who they truly are and understand how they relate to other people in this ever-changing world.
Jigsaw 3-11 meets statutory requirements for Relationships and Health Education and supports Ofsted!
Assurance from Jan Lever
The ‘Ayes’ have it!
Commons votes for Statutory RSE and Health Education
Education Resources Awards
What's in Jigsaw 3-11 for England?Key Points
Choose the Whole School Set or select Individual Year Group Sets. Either way, you will be equipped with beautifully printed, colour teaching folders (1 per year group) with weekly lesson plans and teaching resources. The Jigsaw Approach also includes the electronic version of the teaching materials as well as the original songs, Jigsaw Friends, Jigsaw Chimes, assemblies, assessment process and weekly celebrations.
- 288 Lesson Plans with complete resources
- Powerpoint Presentations, Images, Interactive Games and Activities
- Assemblies (with original songs, music and Powerpoint slides)
- SMSC and British Values mapped in every lesson
- SEND differentiation (P levels)
- Varied teaching/learning activities (VAK)
- Assessment tasks with attainment descriptors
- Free ongoing mentor support and access to additional materials in the password-protected Jigsaw Community Area
Jigsaw Whole-School Set
So, does Jigsaw PSHE really work?
Independent evidence says, “Yes!”
The Sheffield Hallam Centre for Education and Inclusion Research conducted an independent impact study with 101 schools, 195 teachers and 812 children and concluded that Jigsaw, the mindful approach to PSHE, DOES WORK!
Around 95% of Bristol Primary schools are using Jigsaw PSHE to deliver social and emotional skills in every lesson including Mindfulness, increasing focus on support around mental health and wellbeing. We were fortunate to discover the Jigsaw PSHE programme and found it gave us all we were looking for, and more!Bristol City Council (Unitary Authority)
What are the benefits of the Jigsaw Programme...
What Children Say
…for the children?
- creates learning experiences they look forward to
- establishes a safe learning environment
- offers accurate information
- builds skills essential for life and relationships
- equips them for a diverse world
- gives resilience and inner strength
- develops mindfulness
…for the teacher?
- structured lesson plans for the whole year
- high-quality resources
- short-cuts planning time
- differentiation ideas
- guides through the most sensitive issues
- enhances children’s concentration
- improves behaviour and enhances relationships
- increases children’s capacity to learn
…for the headteacher?
- comprehensive PSHE programme
- maps SMSC
- contributes to British Values
- consistency, continuity and progression
- diversity, respect, positive behaviour
- assessment process
- assemblies included
…for the Health & Wellbeing subject leader?
- provides an overall structure of lesson planning and approach for the whole school
- gives an assessment framework with attainment descriptors for every Puzzle
- covers all aspects of PSHE
- allows monitoring through Jigsaw Journals
- includes Relationships and Sex Education
- ongoing support from the Jigsaw Team
SMSC and British Valueswith Jigsaw PSHE
Jigsaw does all of this in abundance. SMSC is mapped on every lesson plan and balanced across each year group.
British Values are mapped in separate documents which you can download from this site.
Each lesson plan has an Emotional Literacy / SMSC circle like this one in the top-right corner of the lesson plan to indicate the key areas covered.
How much is Jigsaw 3-11?Jigsaw Pricing: - BUY NOW and get lifetime electronic updates and online mentor support
Nursery (Ages 3-4) F1 Set
£ 375+ Carriage & VAT
- Folder of teaching materials for Nursery (ages 3-4)
- Jigsaw Jenie Friend (shown)
- Jigsaw Chime
- E-Resources and Music on USB
£ 450+ Carriage & VAT
- Folder of teaching materials for chosen Year Group
- Jigsaw Friend (Year 5 is shown)
- Jigsaw Chime
- Resource CDROM & Music CD
Whole School Set Best Option
£ 2925+ Carriage & VAT
- 7 x Teaching Material Folders (F2-Y6)
- 7 x Jigsaw Friends (shown)
- 7 x Jigsaw Chimes
- All Resources on CDROM
- Plus Original Song/Music CD
£ Freeto recognised schools
- Electronic Inspection Materials
- Videos and Free Product Samples
- Unlimited Inspection Time
- No Worries!
If you have more than one class per year group, we recommend each class has its own Friend and chime. You can order any extras from our shopOnline Shop
To find out about all the different sets and options available and how Jigsaw can best fit into your school,
contact our friendly team on +44(0)1202 377193
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure and need to know more?
Get FREE access to our online Inspection Materials. Included are videos from the Creator and Director of Jigsaw PSHE, walk through’s of the materials, electronic samples to keep, videos of teachers and children who use Jigsaw in their schools etc.
We may also be able to put you in touch with one of our flagship schools who would be glad to show you how Jigsaw PSHE performs and the benefits it has given their children.
- Free Online Access
- Contains Videos and Live Samples
- Unlimited Inspection Time
*Terms and Conditions apply